Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware is a very effective application especially designed to keep malware away from your computer. It can fight off trojans, rootkits, worms, spyware, rogues and more.
The program sports a tabbed interface that provides a simple way to browse among the main features. Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware enables you to perform three types of scan, ‘Quick”, ”Full” and ”Flash”, with the last one specifically designed to analyze memory and autorun objects.
The scanning process is pretty fast, regardless if there’s something wrong with your computer or not. When the operation is complete, the application automatically generates a report in which you’re informed about the files affected by malware, so that you can safely take the most appropriate action.
Cleaning the threats found by Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware is again a straightforward process that takes only a few seconds and has an efficiency rate close to perfection, as we found out during our tests.
The ‘Settings’ tab allows you to pick the objects you want to scan, including memory, startup items, registry, file system and others. The software also comes with a heuristics engine that increases the detection efficiency, but you should note that it can just as well flag safe processes as potential threats.
All in all, Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware is one of the most powerful security tools on the market, and it’s definitely a keeper for anyone trying to add a supplemental layer of protection to the system.
- Light speed quick scanning.
- Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
- Database updates released daily.
- Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
- Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
- Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware performance.
- A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
- Multi-lingual support.
- Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
- Command line support for quick scanning.
- Context menu integration to scan files on demand.